As an association leader, you have a great case for going to Xperience 2017. It’s a chance to grow your skills in leadership. It’s a sure way of learning new ideas to make stronger connections with your members, adapt new technologies and grow your membership and organization.
But why stop there? Your other association leaders and staff will benefit, too. Here’s why.
1. Take advantage of educational opportunities and professional development. No matter how experienced you are running an association, everybody has the desire to learn more to grow more. With exposure to various points of view, you and your staff can gain significant ground on new ideas and trends to positively impact your membership, your organization and everyone’s overall development.
There are five parallel sessions running throughout the event, and the more people you bring, the more information you’ll absorb. Gaining exposure to new products and technology is good for you, your staff, your association, and, ultimately, your members.
The educational aspect of Xperience17 (X17) exposes everyone to new ways of boosting leadership skills, rolling out effective marketing initiatives, increasing and improving membership, as well as implementing and using AMS, LMS and career center solutions to productively advance your organization into the next generation of member engagement. We have a complete schedule, including 20-plus hours of CAE accredited sessions to count toward certifications.
2. Network with peers. Xperience17—A Conference for Everyone offers a great opportunity to network with other association leaders and staff. Some of the best conversations happen during the breaks and lunches. Often, your peers from other associations and regions of the country are valuable resources for referrals and best practices. Collaboration is the way to approach your networking at X17. The positive and stimulating environment allows for you and others to encourage one another to uncover ideas and spark inspiration as you get acquainted on a personal level.
Come on . . . it’s fun meeting cool people who have similar interests! When peers share experiences and challenges, everyone’s members benefit.
3. Meet new vendors and suppliers. If you want to learn more about the current climate of the association industry, the vendors and suppliers at X17 are some of the best people for you to get to know. It’s a chance to discover innovative products and services for your association to stay relevant to your members in today’s fast-paced, digital world. While strolling through the exhibit hall, invest time with the sponsors at X17 and turn them into your friends and allies.
4. Spur enthusiasm and reap great ideas from notable leaders. There’s a full slate of diverse keynotes and panel discussions accessible at X17 to further educate and advance your general knowledge of the association industry. The leaders participating are recognizable people who have helped build successful organizations and are willing to share their journeys with you.
Conversations will center around what they have done at their associations. Budgeting, membership programs, dues, marketing, and everything else to keep them successfully growing. Everyone will be able to benefit from the sharing of their true-life stories, or at least collect some innovative, inspirational and empowering insights to take home.
5. Take a break and have fun. You make a difference in a stressful, high-pressured field. All work and no play gets old fast. The everyday energetic efforts you exert for your members should be rewarding and fun.
Xperience17 is an exciting and enjoyable break, and allows you to mingle in an entertaining way to make association life fun. Not to mention, a change of scenery at Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Resort in Orlando, Florida, does wonders to break your routine and get your creative thoughts flowing! And, don’t forget about the special event night at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
During four days of learning, networking and fun, master the tools, technology and know-how you need to create the ultimate member experience for your organization at Xperience17—A Conference for Everyone.
Early Bird pricing is only available through January 31, 2017. So, register now to save $100 before it goes up. See you this April in sunny Orlando!