Learn how giving your site a design refresh can help you attract and engage members and drive more revenue.
Is your association’s website tired and outdated?
Your association’s website is one of your greatest marketing tools. It often gives the first impression a person has of your organization. It’s also a gateway for members to engage with your organization. Plus, it presents opportunities for you to drive revenue.
But to do these things, your website must appear relevant to your visitors. It can’t look tired and outdated. An old and poorly formatted site can cause prospective members and sponsors – not to mention existing members – to leave the site before you even have a chance to show them your organization’s value.
That’s why it’s time to refresh your association’s website.
What a fresh, modern website can do for your organization
A fresh, modern design is a must for getting the most out of your association’s website. Just consider these key points:
- Within seconds, visitors will decide to explore or leave your website. A modern, attractive design will help to capture site visitors’ attention and keep them on your website longer.
- Your website is a great place to highlight and provide access to the key benefits and resources your association offers. A website designed to make it easy to find what visitors are looking for will help you to convert prospects to members and keep existing members happier.
- You can sell everything from memberships and sponsorships to educational content and merchandise through your website. A well-designed website will optimize your ability to sell these types of offerings and drive more revenue for your association.
Top ways to refresh your association’s website
Here is a list of some top ways to refresh your association’s website – making it more attractive and easier to use for visitors:
- Make it mobile-friendly – There’s just no question about it: To offer a friendly and compelling experience these days, your website must be mobile-friendly. It must look good and work well as visitors access it via their mobile devices.
- Present an attractive design – The look and feel of your website has a huge impact on how visitors feel about your association. Your website should include consistent use of your organization’s brand elements (such as logo, color palette, and imagery). It should also offer an attractive design that feels modern while making it easy for visitors to read and for you to highlight key messages.
- Offer clear navigation – Using your website should be intuitive so that visitors don’t have to search and search for what they want. A modern design incorporates best practices for navigation and user experience that makes the site easy to use. For example:
- Use the simplest possible site structure
- Make it easy for site visitors to understand what can be clicked, hovered on, or interacted with on the site.
- Use the same names for things in multiple places. (For example: A call to action and a menu item directing a visitor to the same place should have the same name.)
An easy way to refresh your association’s website
You might hesitate to take on a website redesign, especially when your association has a small staff. But you don’t have to tackle a massive, custom website redesign to have a fresh website that supports your goals for member acquisition and engagement, plus revenue generation.
YourMembership by Community Brands offers website design services to create a simple, yet impactful, website for your association. Our designers use best practices to strike the right balance of form and function and produce a modern website that attracts your target audiences and helps you meet your organization’s goals.
Find out more about how YourMembership can be the perfect all-in-one AMS that’ll help you build a website your members and non-members deserve: Explore YourMembership website design services.
By Kyela Bishop, YourMembership Marketing Coordinator, Community Brands