Training magazine honors YM’s certification program engine and authoring platform as one of the best elearning solutions during annual competition
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla.—YourMembership (YM), a leading cloud-based software provider for associations and member-based organizations worldwide, today announced that the company has been named a Gold Award winner in the Microlearning category of the 2016 Learning Design Challenge (LDC). Training, an industry-leading professional development magazine, announced all competition winners during late September 2016 at its Online Learning Conference (OLC) in Chicago.
YourMembership entered the competition on behalf of one of its association customers with a video submission that showcased how the YM learning engine and authoring platform drive large-scale certification and broad subject matter content. Essentially, the engine provides authoring and assembly of microlearning elements into a large program, while supporting seamless integrations with the association’s choice of customer relationship management (CRM) and association management software (AMS) solutions, single sign-on (SSO) and commerce platforms that exchange data with the learning engine. Consequently, the learner progresses through an intuitive, mobile-friendly interface while the platform tracks all key activity, freeing the association from building tracking components within its education assets.
“Young professionals working and learning today have grown up with more information, more speed, more diversity and more opportunity than any generation before,” said JP Guilbault, CEO of YourMembership. “We have found that learning experiences much briefer than a traditional course and customized personal communication on mobile devices are critical in their journey toward success.”
Guilbault added: “This award is a testament to YM’s creative, innovative and customer-driven culture that’s relentlessly focused on helping organizations and individuals succeed faster and grow stronger through easy-to-use technology and educational offerings.”
Training annually compares and evaluates the best elearning tools, products and services across five categories: Mobile Learning, Microlearning, Social Learning, Gamification and Learning Analytics. Bryan Chapman, elearning expert and LDC organizer, described YM’s and other winning entries using words like “innovative,” “electric,” “engaging,” “results-oriented” and “stimulating.” “What’s different about (the LDC) program is the focus on building an actual repository of best practices that can be shared across the entire industry,” he said.
Association Learning + Technology 2016, a report published by Tagoras and sponsored by YM, enlightened readers earlier this year when it showed microlearning has the highest rate of adoption and arguably the greatest potential for growth. While only 18.1 percent of survey respondents offered microlearning at that time, 33.3 percent indicated plans to implement microlearning throughout 2016.
“It’s an honor to serve global professions with our learning engines,” said Tamer Ali, SVP & GM of Learning at YourMembership. “Our tool has the CMS-like capability to bundle microlearning into cohesive learning segments. With microlearning quickly becoming one of the most effective methods for successfully educating learners, our toolset complements our client’s existing content-generating efforts with an advanced way to administer learning using flexible authoring, intuitive navigation and mobile-friendly delivery, without sacrificing tracking.”
Training received 93 submissions, and Chapman facilitated evaluations from a panel of judges, which represented 75 percent of the total score. The other 25 percent was rounded out by OLC attendees who voted onsite for their favorites.